Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martine Martine is offline

Default mail merge/locked fields

Peter,

The funny thing about this is that the emails are going (albeit without the
attachment, which isn't so good since my letter references an attachment)
even though they say that Word cannot update unlocked fields.

If it's not one thing it's another.....Help, I've been trying to get these
letter out for over a week now.

Thanks again for your help,
Martine

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Are you aware of any locked fields? Could they be in the header/footer
rather than the main body of the document? If so, you would need to select
the correct part of the docment before using ctrl-shift-F11.

However, the chances are you are not aware of any locked field, in which
case...Do you have images or objects in your Mail Merge Main Document? If
so, is Tools|Options|General|"Automatically create drawing canvas when
inserting AutoShapes" checked? If so, I suspect this problem is related to
that, and that to avoid it you will need to uncheck this box and re-insert
your drawings (or whatever).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Martine" wrote in message
error message: "Word found locked fields during the update. Word cannot
update locked fields". How do you unlock fields? Contro+shift+F11 doesnot
work or I am not doing something correctly.