Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How turn off auto capitalization?

In Tools | AutoCorrect in Word 97 I see a radio button for "Capitalize first
letter of sentences."

"Jack B" wrote in message
Suzanne,

I don't think that option exists in Word 97, unless I'm missing something?

Jack
-----------------------------

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you clear the check box for "Automatically capitalize the first letter

of
sentences," you should not see this behavior.

so
all may benefit.

"Jack B" wrote in message
Suzanne --

Yes, being familiar with Tools | AutoCorrect Options is what made it so
frustrating when nothing worked.

If you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, don't; just let Word

wrap
the lines naturally. If you need an artificial break before the end of

paragraph, you can insert a line break

Well, I guess I can't simply his Enter for a new paragraph. However, I

want
to make new paragraphs and not line breaks so I can format the line
differently.

Jack
------------------------

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Tools | AutoCorrect Options, but note that Word capitalizes the

beginning
of a line only when it's the beginning of a paragraph, which it assumes

is
the beginning of a sentence. If you're pressing Enter at the end of each
line, don't; just let Word wrap the lines naturally. If you need an
artificial break before the end of a paragraph, you can insert a line

break
(Shift+Enter).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Jack B" wrote in message
Word 97 -----

How do I turn off the way that Word auto capitalizes the first letter

of
new paragraph line?

Jack