Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default scrambled text in word

Welcome to the flaky world of OCR. I assume that you are using the Microsoft
Office Document Imaging, which is a rudimentary OCR software tool? This has
fairly good character reading, but is hopeless with layout and is really
only suitable for reading plain typed documents. If you want something more
sophisticated then you need better OCR software such as Finereader. However
even the best OCR software will struggle with complex documents.

ashu wrote:
Hi, my problem is when I try to scan text into a word doc, what I get
is not what I sent. sometimes the sentences are half here and half
there and not in order. sometimes the pages are shuffled and merged
together, if there are columns scanned they are all merged or else
listed in single word per line all down the page. I have tried
everything in the help and troubleshooter.I'm running office xp pro
with all the updates fixes, converters and tool kits everything else
works fine. thank you