Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Default Insert page number in footer

Tom,
On the Insert tab, click Footer button, way at the bottom click on edit
footer, position the cursor where you want the pagenumber to be, now click
on Page numbering button in the insert group of the design tab of the header
and footer tools, choose current position, choose a style of your liking.
Or insert a field at the cursor's position, in the insert group of the
design tab of the header and footer tools, click quick parts button, in the
field names list click Page, choose a format, click OK.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

I want to be able to insert a page number in a footer in a spot of my own
choosing. This was relatively straightforward in previous versions of
Word. Now, though, I don't seem to be able to do it without having to work
through one of the built-in styles that Word 07 offers with
headers/footers. Is there a way past this, or am I stuck with what Word
offers? Seems a little confining.

Thx, as always, for help.

Tom