Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dilbert firestorm dilbert firestorm is offline

Default last numbers of the record

I don't have access to word as I'm on vacation, but will this idea work?

make another column and use that column for the number since I know the
exact # from the inventory. the entire column would be filled with "13"
as last number. This prolly would work.

Is there a better way to do this?

Peter Jamieson wrote:
If the data source is Word, there's no particularly easy/automatic way
to get the record count - you may be able to find it in Edit Recipients
fairly easily and insert it in the Mail Merge Main document, but that's
about it. (For other types of data source you can consider inserting a
DATABASE field, outside the table of labels, that does a SQL SELECT
count(*) FROM thedatasourcetablname, but even that will not help if you
are doing selections in Edit Recipients).

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

dilbert firestorm wrote:
Peter Jamieson wrote:
What type of datasource is your table? which version of Word?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

dilbert firestorm wrote:
is there anyway to include the last # of a record on a label?
I'm trying to get the label to show as 1/10, 2/10,, etc. from a
table.

my mistake. I'm doing this off of a word processor. Its microsoft
word, not excel. I don't remember what version of word it was. the
data source is mostly dates & numbers.

there is a mail merge switch that sort of lets you append a text to the
mailmerge field, but the thing is I'd have to cut & past for each table
cell if I remember to do this. If I don't, the labels are wasted.

--
Dilbert Firestorm

Opus is my Hero!