Specifically, change the paper size in Page Setup (in a new document,
without changing anything else), then click Default...

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
Change the paper size in the Normal.dot template to A4 via FilePage

Setup.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"JB" wrote in message
Hi, I am using office xp 2002. The default page size is A4, changed the
printer settings to A4, and language to UK English. But when I start

Word
after making the changes, and try to print, and check properties, it

gives
the document size as 'letter'. Of course I can manually change it to A4,
but
it is a real pain. Any idea what needs to be done to keep the default
paper
size as A4 whent printing ? I am using a HP 6L printer.

Hoping to hear soon.

JB