Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rhino

Default Basic Mail Merge Question

I don't really object to that message; I was really just leading up to the
second issue: how do I change which data source gets opened? Somewhere, my
document must be storing an association with that data source and I assume
there is some way to change that association to a different data source.

--
Rhino

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

Rhino wrote:
I have a document that I wrote to produce a set of labels and it does
a mail merge. The merge works fine and the labels come out perfectly.
I just want to understand one thing.

Whenever I open the document, I get a warning message:

"Opening this document will run the following SQL command:

SELECT * FROM `Members2006` ORDER BY `SequenceNumber` ASC

Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?

(YES) (NO)

When I press YES, I get a Microsoft Word dialog that says:

Membership_Cards.doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot find its
data source, C:\..\My Data Sources\Members.mdb.

(Find Data Source...) (Options...)

If I click on Options..., it offers to "Remove Data/Header Source" or
"Remove All Merge Info".

Neither of those is quite what I want to do.

My document is creating membership cards for my club and I want the
document to point to a data source whose name includes the current
year. For example, in 2006, I want the document to open a table
called Members2006 in my data source. But in 2007, I want the
document to open a table called Members2007. And so on.

Is that possible? If so, how do I do modify my document to do that?
I'm willing to use a macro if I can't do it any other way.