Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Problems with Equation editor

FWIW, in 14 years of using (almost) every version of Word since Word 2.0, I
have *never* had a corrupted Normal.dot. I think I did have a corrupted Data
key *once* (another time that I thought that was the problem, it turned out
that the problem was actually caused by an add-in). And the only corrupted
documents I've ever seen were once I got from others (usually converted from
WordPerfect).

"Michael Moser" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is not normal. Possibly the document is corrupt; possibly the
font is
corrupt; possibly Normal.dot is corrupt.

Well, maybe, possible. But if I have learned something after all thoese
year using word then this: Alas, this *is* normal. Esp. the fact, that
word keeps corrupting documents and templates, *is* "normal"! But that's
a different story. :-(

Michael