Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default view video in word

The other user must have a program capable of playing that type of clip -
such as Windows Media Player. Word can only *store* the movie, it can't
*play* it. The system where the file is used also needs to have the
necessary memory, video & audio capabilities.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"purple" wrote in message
I have been inserting a movie clip (AVI) onto word from a file in my
computer; it works fine on my computer but when someone else opens this
document on a different computer, it tries to unsuccessfully locate the
movie
in the user's computer. How can I insert the movie and make it viewable in
any other computer?"