Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Sue Godwin Sue Godwin is offline

Default Letters on a run

I have recently set up a new template at work and recorded a macro so that
individual users have a document which is tailored to their specific needs.

Most users produce single documents, but a few produce documents on a run,
so that one letter follows another and they are saved as a block item.

The template macro is fine, and we coped with the insertion of consecutive
letters by way of autotext.

Unfortunately, even though the normal template is set to paragraph format
0pt before and after, the autotext insertion, (which was produced from the
original template) comes in at paragraph 6pt before and after, as does all
other autotext entries.

Re-entering the autotext entry does not work, since once you shut down, at
the next start-up, the formatting reverts to the 6pt before and after.

One user is Windows XP, the other Windows 2000.

I recorded a macro today, so that a next page would be inserted with full
template, and this appeared to work when blank, but I found that once I had
written a letter, the next page through the macro simply repeated the
previous letter word for word.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

SLG