Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Form fields

I think you may be confusing the contents of two posts. I don't recall
giving you any code to enter into the UI editor? The UI Editor is a means
whereby you can edit the ribbon.

As for the forms tools, you can copy and paste the ribbon code from Greg
Maxey's web site - http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm
which adds the ribbon modifications in the developer tab.

If you have done this, then you need to restart Word to load the add-in
template. You will see the extra commands on the Developer Tab.

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
Graham
Can I ask for your help again please. I have downloaded the editor,
created a template, saved it in the start up, opened it in the editor and
pasted in the text on the link you gave me and I cannot see that anything
has changed on the button bar. nothing has changed in the form section,
still no lock template. Any ideas what I have done wrong.

Margaret
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You will find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm
useful when working with protected forms in Word 2007.

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
I am not a new Word user but a new user to Word 2007. I have created
forms in Word 2003, put in the fields and locked them. I cannot find how
to now create new forms and lock and unlock the ones I have. The
computer is about to go through the window !!!! Can anyone help please.
Also there does not seem to be a help button anywhere to find out these
things. Would be very grateful for some help please.

Margaret