Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Ruler Settings Not Holding

This annoys me, too. Either get used to clicking View | Ruler or install the
macro that Graham will eventually be along to offer.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Using Word 2003 with latest SP. When I open a new blank document, I
always want both rulers to appear. I have checked/set the appropriate
option for the Vertical ruler in the Print Layout options. Periodically
when I open a new document neither ruler is showing. Sometimes when I
open a saved document, only the horizontal ruler shows.

Anyone else have this problem? What could be happening here?

Thank you!