garfield-n-odie

1. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816473 "You are
prompted to save changes when you close a Word 2002 document even
though you have made no changes".

2. Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton
AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to
use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for
more information.

Slam wrote:

1. An interesting one: On opening some documents (which appear as text,
nothing fancy at all) and trying to exit without any changes attempted at
all, it asks "Do you want to save the changes". Tried documents on another
PC and they behave normally. An increasing number of existing documents
(i.e. some that were previously OK) are exhibiting this characteristic.

2. Also, when exiting Word, by clicking on X with (unmodified as above)
document open, Word does not always close but the Microsoft Word blue bar at
the very top of the screen flashes and Word fails to close down normally.

I looked at NORMAL.DOT and for the user it is over 200kb, with no fancy
default settings saved. I loaded a smaller (44kb) NORMAL.DOT but if you
answer yes to saving an unmodifed document, it goes up in size.

Thank you.