Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to create AND MAINTAIN a new style???

Well, provided the Organizer opens with the active document and its attached
template suggested, I suppose it's easy enough. It's when you are trying to
copy styles from one template to another that it becomes a pain. But my
method also doesn't require recreating them, just checking the box while the
Modify dialog is open, then clicking OK.

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I am not sure what you mean by headache, but the OP already has the styles
in documents. This is mearely a means to store them without the need to
recreate them.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Given the headache of navigating the Organizer, I think it would be a
lot easier to right-click on the style, choose Modify, and then check
the box for "Add to template" or the radio button to save the style
in the template (can't remember the exact wording) in Word 2007.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Open the document and use the Organiser (Alt+F8 Organizer) to copy
style(s) from document to template.

veronius wrote:
I am sick to death of creating new styles that would save me tons of
effort reformatting all the time, only to have them NOWHERE TO BE
FOUND the next time I need them. What happens to a new style when I
create it??? What impossibly esoteric and arcane directory does it
get saved in???