Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephen stephen is offline

Default automatically delete text in clipboard on exit

Hi,

Because your website says "Idiot's Guide to Installing Macros" I felt I was
qualified so I gave it a try. But I seem to be an even bigger Idiot than
most because I apparently did something wrong.

I know I didn't add the macro to the toolbar because, unfortunately, I have
2007. I also didn't add a shortcut or add the macro to the Quick Access
Toolbar because I figure if I have to click a shortcut or the toolbar every
time, it seems the same to me as clicking the dialogue box. I was hoping it
would run automatically on exit. If it isn't supposed to run automatically,
thanks anyway for trying. If it is suppose to run automatically, then I
obviously did something wrong.

When I try to exit now, I get a Microsoft Visual Basic box that says:
"Compile error: User-defined type not defined."

I, of course, have no clue what this means but possibly someone else does.

Thanks,

Stephen

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 30 May 2009 02:56:00 -0700, Stephen
wrote:

Hi,

Every time I exit Word 2007, I get a box that asks me if I want to keep the
text in the clipboard for other applications. I never want to keep the text
in the clipboard, so does anyone possibly know of some way that I can tick
some box so that I'll never be asked that again.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

There's no way to "tick some box" to turn off the prompts. You need a macro to
clear the clipboard before exiting from Word. Put this macro into a module in
the Normal.dotm template (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if
needed):

Sub AutoClose()
Dim MyData As DataObject