Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Recorder

Default Word cannot find data source

My data source is in the same directory as the main document. A shortcut to
it is in My Data Sources. (It has NOT been deleted, renamed, or moved.) Still
Word 2002 can NEVER find it. I have to reconnect it every time and then
re-filter my Mail Merge Recipients. Once everything is reloaded, I re-save
the main document and then close it. Even if I immediately re-open it, Word
will be unable to find the data source although it says it is looking in the
folder where it resides. This is extremely frustrating. Can this be fixed?