Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Default How do I break URL address over two lines?

In Word 2000 and above, you can make a hyperlink wrap by inserting a
zero-width space character immediately after a delimiter character
(such as a forward slash). You must create the hyperlink first and
then insert the zero-width space, otherwise the hyperlink won't work.

If you have non-printing characters displayed, the zero-width space
displays as a bordered box.

Cheryl

On Nov 23, 12:16*pm, djhintze
wrote:
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.