TF

You can't. Works Suite has a completely incompatible Spreadsheet of its own.
You can however open an Excel Spreadsheet and save it in Works format.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Stringbean" wrote in message
:I am running Win XP Home, MSWks Suite 2004. It uses Word 2002 for the word
: processor. The president of our organization appears to be using Office
: whatever and sent me a copy of what he did and it has the .xls suffix. My
: machine tells me that Windows cannot open this file. If a
: converter/translater doesn't exist then we have a problem on the order of
the
: one Houston had.
:
: Please advise