Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lighthouse

Default Data fields in mail merge

I have a Word mail merge document, used to import Excel data - only dates.
When I have merged the data, all empty Excel date cells are populated in Word
by 12:00AM. I have edited the Word field codes to UK date format (they were
US), and now all empty Excel date cells are populated in Word with today's
date! Is there a way of telling Word to leave empty cells alone and leave
them blank?

Word cells are formatted with { MERGEFIELD contract_received\@"DD/MM/YYYY" }
- this is exact, including spaces. Would this formatting put a date into
every Word cell, even if the corresponding Excel cell is empty?

Any help will be gratefully received.