Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Only 1 page of labels appear

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should make things
simpler.

Perplexed in Portland wrote:
So I went through this entire process with the user in question one
more time and lo and behold if it didn't work this time. Not sure
what we did differently but thanks again for offering suggestions!.

"Perplexed in Portland" wrote:

We're using Word off Office 2003 with SP2 and it's up to date
otherwise. We're opening Word and doing a Mail Merge with the step
by step 'wizard' if that's what that is. Our source is a shared
contact folder for someone else in this person's office.
I've done labels like this before but I've never seen where it only
completes 1 page no matter how many records it has to deal with. The
only variable really is the source is a shared contact folder.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help thus far by the way.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

No idea what is happening there. As a workaround, if "over 100"
means "not more than 200" it may be easier and quicker to select
batches of contacts and merge each batch separately.

Which version of Word? How are you connecting to the data source?
Are you starting from Outlook, or using the facility in Word's Mail
Merge Wizard?

Peter Jamieson

"Perplexed in Portland"
wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion but we were indeed Completing the merge.
We tried
doing it to a new document and we tried printing it - either way
only getting
1 page.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

You are probably just previewing the merge - you need to complete
the merge,
either by merging to a new document or merging to a printer - if
you're using the mail merge wizard, make sure you go through all
the steps.

Peter Jamieson
"Perplexed in Portland"
wrote in message
I'm doing a mailmerge to make some labels off some shared
contacts and for
some reason it's only making 1 page. There are over 100 contacts
but no matter how we do this we still end up with just one page
of labels. What am I missing?