Alt+0xxx works only for ASCII characters. Unicode characters (anything above
0255) must be inserted a different way. You can insert them from the Insert
Symbol dialog or using 0113, Alt+X, and 0301, Alt+X. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

Without seeing the syntax of the EQ \o field you're actually using, I can't
tell you why it's not working, but if you're in Europe, you may need to use
a semicolon between the characters instead of a comma.

"Kuko" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:36:43 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

You actually don't need an overstrike field for this character. Instead,
insert Unicode glyph 0113 (Latin small letter e with macron), then 0301
(combining acute accent). This will actually look better than your

scanned
example.

Thank you for your reply, Suzanne. I'm afraid I don't know how to do
what you describe. I tried typing "Alt+0113" and got a "q", and with
"Alt+0301" I've got a "-". How can I insert such glyphs?

I like this solution better than the overstrike field one, but
anyway, why dos overstrike field doesn't work in my Word?
TIA