Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Word 2003 and removal of Avery Wizard

It's not just me? Thank you!!! I was sure that I was the only person who
felt that way about that add-in!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The Avery wizard is pretty useless and doesn't really do anything that
Word cannot manage without it.
It sounds as though either the add-in is still present
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm
or it has written to the normal.dot file -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

steeler06 wrote:
Running Word 2003 SP2 (M/S Office Professional Edition 2003) and
because the Avery Wizard was not working correctly, have uninstalled
the Avery Wizard via Add/Remove Programs; however, the avery wizard
icon still shows up in my word toolbar icons. If I click on the
icon, eventhough the program has been removed, it automatically pops
up "My Computer" display? Thought I would try to re-install the
latest version of the avery wizard, but then I have (2) avery icons
in my word toolbar, neither of which work properly. Would like to
totally remove avery from my icons and try a fresh install of the
avery wizard. How to I remove all traces of the old avery wizard and
just have one icon that works.