Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] salmian@googlemail.com is offline

Default Name scanned file from OCR result.

I have many scanned image files (pdf's at the moment but could change
if needed) and would like to rename them based on a unique serial
number that appears in the same place at the top right hand corner of
each image.
The serial number is printed on the original document so presumably
there should be no trouble with software reading it reliably.

Does anyone know of any software that could do this?

I need to keep the image file as the original document is mostly
completed by hand.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ian