Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default default bullet

Well, the idea is to apply the bullet formatting to text by applying a
paragraph style modified to include the desired bullet formatting.

For example, you can use one of Word's built-in bullet styles, List Bullet,
as a starting point. In the Apply Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+S), type List
Bullet. Click the Modify button. In the Modify Style dialog box, click
Format, and then click Numbering. Click the Bullets tab. Choose the desired
bullet (or use Define New Bullet if you don't see the bullet you want). When
you are done click OK to confirm the settings (which takes you back to the
Modify Style dialog box).

To transfer the modified style to the attached template, use the "New
documents based on this template" option in the Modify Style dialog box
before clicking OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robin" wrote in message
Thanks, but that does not change the default bullet. When I do this, I
need
to insert a new bullet (which will be a black dot) and then manually
change
the style, right?

"Robin" wrote:

Hi. I am really struggling to get my default bullets right for Word 2007.
get the bullet to look right (its a fancy wingding star as prescribed by
our
marketing guys) but I cannot change the default via the style menu's "new
documents based on this template". When I click on a new bullet, it
reverts
back to the round dot. Please can someone give me step by step tips on
how
to do this.