Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
afdmello afdmello is offline

Default entering data

Thank you Robbins for the effort and I truly appreciate your time and help.
Unfortunately, I know nothing about VBA and will have to start learning it.

Afd
Insert the following macro into your normal.dot (or dotm) template and it
will hijack the use of the tab key in a table
so that it does what you want:

Sub NextCell()
'
' NextCell Macro
' Moves to the next table cell
' Modified by Doug Robbins to move to the next cell in the column before
moving to
'the next column
With Selection.Tables(1)
If Selection.Information(wdEndOfRangeRowNumber) .Rows.Count Then
Selection.MoveDown
ElseIf Selection.Information(wdEndOfRangeColumnNumber) _
.Columns.Count Then
.Cell(1, Selection.Information(wdEndOfRangeColumnNumber) + _
1).Select
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseStart
Else
MsgBox "You have reached the end of the table."
End If
End With

End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"afdmello" wrote in message
Is there a keyboard shortcut to go to the lower row when entering data in
table
the tab key moves the cursor to the next horizontal cell.

Afd