Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lorrwill lorrwill is offline

Default Can not center text

This is a very bizarre thing: the text is centered just fine in a letter
sized document, but change the page size to legal and the centering is still
for letter.
I checked the styles and formatting and there is nothing to explain this.
Ditto with clearing all the formatting and then trying to center. I also
tried creating a center tab - also didn't work.

The page does have a page border but I also found nothing in those settings
to explain why the document text will not recognize the new page size.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
Thanks.