Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Showing current paragraph style (Word 20007)

The QAT is the Quick Access Toolbar, which defaults to a little toolbar
above the Home tab. If you click the down arrow at the end of that toolbar,
one of the choices is "More Commands". That will open the Customize dialog.
Set the category dropdown to All Commands. Locate and click on the item in
the list that says "Style" and shows a square containing an I-beam cursor
and a down arrow. Then click the Add button in the center of the dialog, and
click the OK button. That places a dropdown on the toolbar, which will
display the name of the style at the cursor location (if the selection isn't
extended to cover text with two or more styles).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Thanks. I need a little more detail. What is the QAT? How do I add the
dropdown to it?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You can add the classic Style dropdown to the QAT. It will then
display the style at the insertion point.

As a longtime user of Word, I'm used to seeing the paragraph style
displayed

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
it
show?