Word uses a different feature to accomplish this; it's called AutoText (you
can also use AutoCorrect in much the same way). See these articles:

What Is Autotext and How Do I Use It?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

Exploiting AutoCorrect
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

"mafixit" wrote in message
I type hundreds of proposals and use macros for the common lines in the
proposals. I want to assign keyboard shortcuts to these macros, but find
that I am limited to a ctrl or alt key and only 2 more characters, such as
ctrl+A+1. I need to be able to assign three characters, such as

ctrl+A+B+1.

Is there any way to do this?

For instance, I have 5 proposal lines that relate to painting of block
walls. So I need to assign a keyboard shortcut for each of the five

lines,
called BW1, BW2, BW3, BW4, BW5 (BW standing for block walls).