Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I increase number of "Recently used File list" in word

The maximum in versions up through Word 2003 is 9. Word 2007 allows many
more (as many as can be displayed on the screen) and also allows you to
"pin" some files to be retained until they are unpinned (this functionality
is evidently intended as a replacement for the very useful Work menu, which
no longer exists in Word 2007).

"Angus" wrote in message
I opened a document, as you suggested, and then was able to increase my
number of "Recently used File list" to 9 (maximum). Your very fast and

great
help is very much appreciated; Thank you.

Do you know if there is a way to go beyond "9" (current maximum)?
I would like to extend that number to 20.

Angus

"Bear" wrote:

Angus:

Do you have a document (any document) open? You have to have one open

for
Tools Options to be available.

Bear