KM Wagner

Default Mail Merge with separate Source Header document

This answer was very helpful. Thank you. Now I have another question. Some
of my mail merge documents are formatted to use separate headers and others
are not. How do I remove the separate header function from the latter?

Also, I am having difficulty using Excel as a data source in mail merge. Do
you have any tips that would help?

Thank you.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Yes, but there are some differences in behaviour. I suggest you use
Tools|Customize|Commands, select All Commands, look for all the MailMerge
related ones in the list, and drag the ones you need to a toolbar or menu.

--
Peter Jamieson

"PLCarr" wrote in message
In previous versions of Word (up to 2000. not sure about XP) it was

possible
to use a separate document as a source for the field names when using a

Word
Document as a data source. It was called the Header source document.

This seems t have disappeared from Word 2003.

Is it still possible to use a separate Header Source in Word 2003?