Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TufftyBob TufftyBob is offline

Default microsoft reader (for 'ebooks') + office 2003 + windows vista home

Hello,

I hope someone out there (perhaps an MVP?) can tell me whether or not the
two files required for 'microsoft reader' (a reader for 'eBooks') that work
in Word 2000, 2002 and 2003 on a Win' XP Home Ed sp2 laptop, will or should
also work in Word 2003, when Office/Word 2003 is installed on a Windows Vista
Home Premium pc.

So far the 'eReader' app' appears to work OK in word/office 2003 on my XP
laptop even though office/word 2003 is not listed in the pre-installation
'requirements' details on the download pages. Also several other types of
files that were orginally created on my XP laptop - in office/word
2000/2002/2003 - as well as using WMP 9.0,10, or 11, and other apps installed
on my XP laptop, like 'adobe reader 5,6,or 7' appear to be accessible using
my Vista pc - mp3's, aac's, mpeg2/4 video, jpegs, bitmaps, word doc's, .pst's
etc.

I need to know whether my ebooks should be accessible from within Vista
using the eReader BEFORE I try to install it, as I don't want to cause all
those 100's of eBook files to be corrupted by an app' that is incompatible
with Vista. All these ebook files - as well as all the other file types
created in Win XP, and accessible in Vista - reside on a FAT32 external usb2
hard drive.

Thanks for any info

Bob