Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Mail merging with an Excel mail document

In message of Thu, 12 Nov 2009
15:21:17 in microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields, Doug Robbins - Word
MVP writes
It is not really clear what you are trying to achieve.

What exactly are you starting with and what do you want to end up with?

Thank you for your reply; I am sorry I was not clear.

I have been given a 1 sheet .xls which prints as one page. This is
logically equivalent to a main document for a normal mail merge. I do
not have any program or the skill to produce an equivalent .doc.

I have several sets of data which are not yet encoded into any file.
I currently produce several .xls files by manually merging that "data
source". That manual process is unreliable as it depends on me being
more accurate than I can achieve.

I was hoping to get ideas in this group for a comparitively-easy
mechanical process. It would be tedious and inefficient to write VBA to
merge a .xls data source into my .xls "main document".

I have tried to use Office 2003 terminology. I hope my need is now
clear.
--
Walter Briscoe