Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default word 2007 and grammar check

The new Office 2007 file formats are actually compressed xml files. You can
append the file name with .zip and open and view the content in the Windows
Explorer or your favorite compression utility outside the application.
Speaking of compression utilities, I'd say that's what's causing the
attachment issue you are encountering. The utility recognizes it's a zip
file based on the content, rather than the file extension, and is trying to
open it.

btw, did you get your language issue resolved? I'm still happy to take a
look at your file for you. :-)

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Justin Jayjohn" wrote in message
Beth,

I notice your an Office MVP. Have you come across the issue of owa
wanting
to open 2007 attachments as zip files.