Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justin Jayjohn Justin Jayjohn is offline

Default word 2007 and grammar check

Beth,
I will need to hold off on sending you a document for now. I cannot go into
any details. However, I just got a call from another user yesterday
complaining about the same issue. But, this user had a one page letter maybe
2 paragraphs at the most. The user ran spell check; the document was showing
that €śFrench€ť was the default when it actually was not. I was able to
recreate this issue. I opened the same one page document, changed the date,
and ran spell check. I got the same notification as the user. We are now
seeing this issue since we moved everyone from Office 2003 to Office 2007.
We did not have this issue before.

I had opened another post about owa and 2007 attachments. No one has
replied to that post. I will give you more details. I have 2 computers,
setup exactly the same. Both have XP SP3, office 2007 with compatibility
pack installed, same version of IE, winzip etc. Basically they are both
configured exactly the same. On one machine I can open 2007 attachments no
problems. I right click on the attachment, from owa, the file will open as a
word, excel etc. On the other machine, I right click to open. I get the
window to save the file to my machine, the file shows as a zip file. So I
save the file to my machine, when I try to open the file. I cannot open the
excel document, the zip file looks like html doc etc. We are now seeing some
machines in our network will open the attachments okay. Other machines want
to save the files as a zip file.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

The best way to communicate, and one that will benefit everyone, is to
continue the discussion in the thread. There may be others interested in the
attachments discussion and the outcome of the grammar issues. Plus these
threads can be searched using Google and it may help someone in the future.
:-)

For the grammar check issue you can email a sample document to
(Remove NoSpam4Me to obtain a valid email
address). I'll take a look at it and send you back a copy with corrections
(if I find something) and post a response back to this thread.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Justin Jayjohn" wrote in message
Beth,

I am still working on both problems (2007 word grammar check & owa & 2007
attachments). What is the best way for us to communicate. Continue
posting
replies or should I send you an email about both issues I am currently
trying
to resolve.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

The new Office 2007 file formats are actually compressed xml files. You
can
append the file name with .zip and open and view the content in the
Windows
Explorer or your favorite compression utility outside the application.
Speaking of compression utilities, I'd say that's what's causing the
attachment issue you are encountering. The utility recognizes it's a zip
file based on the content, rather than the file extension, and is trying
open it.

btw, did you get your language issue resolved? I'm still happy to take a
look at your file for you. :-)

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Justin Jayjohn" wrote in message
Beth,

I notice your an Office MVP. Have you come across the issue of owa
wanting
to open 2007 attachments as zip files.