Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
landscapevsportrait landscapevsportrait is offline

Default Landscape vs. portrait not changing

Whenever I start a new document in MS Word 2003, the paper is set to
landscape and the margins are set as if the paper was in portrait format.

When I go to Page Setup and change the orientation back to portrait and
click on "OK", I get the following message "Increasing right margin causes
last column to become too narrow in some sections having unevenly spaced
columns." I am just typing a basic one column file, nothing fancy. I click
on the DEFAULT button on the page setup window, and it won't let me. If I
try to mouse over the margin area between the white and blue area, it won't
let me change the margins that way either.

I also can only type one page of information. If I have more information,
the text disappears. A second page does not begin.

Is there any way that I can "reset" the settings Microsoft Word?