Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Text Box Moving

You cannot wrap text from cell to cell in a table. So you are placing a Text
Box over two cells so that you can enter text across two cells? Why not
merge the two cells instead? But that still won't work because if there is
too much text, it has nowhere to go.

But I am totally baffled as to why you are using Dragon speech to text and
trying to fill either a table cell or a Text Box. Please tell us what you
are trying to achieve. Are you trying to create a fill in form or what?

Terry

"Guy Lydig" wrote in message
1) How do I disable auto resizing?
2) If the row is an exact height and the column a preferred width and auto
resize is disabled, what happens when text is too long to fit in the cell?
Won't it be cut off? I want it to continue into the next cell down.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Why in the world are you not just using the table itself, with rows set
an exact height and columns to a preferred width and auto resizing
disabled?

http://word.mvps.org

"Guy Lydig" wrote in message
Please explain the seemingly inexplicable movement of text boxes.

I have a table with 7 columns and 21 rows. I want to place a text box
over
each column and size and align it exactly with the underlying column.
(We
are
planning on using Dragon Naturally Speaking to enter text and I want
text
wrap properly without making the rows grow.)

Why, oh why, when I use the mouse or the arrows to move the text box by
clicking its border first, does the text box have a mind of its own.
Sometimes when I press the down arrow it goes down and sometimes it
goes
up.
If I use the mouse to move it up/down a fraction of an inch, it
sometimes
moves much more. I have tried using the Advanced Settings but I clearly
don't
know what I am doing--and the ? is less than helpful.

Also, sometimes the text box displaces text in the table while other
times
it does not.

If someone can help me understand this behavior, I would be extremely
grateful.