Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jean

Default I have a db excel I want to mail merge 6 envlopes in word

Thank you ,What is the program I need to make this easy

"SVC" wrote:

You could set up a new field called "Send" in which you place, say, an "x"
and then in yous Query options choose the field (Send), under Comparison
select "Equal to" and in Compare to: type "x" (exclude the quotes). This is
not as easy as in later versions of Word/Excel, but would save some time.

"Jean" wrote:

Yes but that is way to time consuming.Is there a way just to select the name
in the excel db so when you merge it just merges these names, Thank you for
you help.It just take so long every day to send out 10 sometimes more.I just
thought it would be easier

"SVC" wrote:

On the Merge dialog box select "Query Options...", on the Query Options
dialog box select the Field, under Comparison select "Equal To" and in the
Compare to box type the person's name as it appears in the field. On the
next line select in the first box select "Or" and repeat the process used in
the first line. You can do up to 6 queries.

Note: you need to select "Or" at the beginning of the 2nd thru 6th lines so
that when performing each query, the query only has to meet one condition.
If you select "And," the query would need to meet all the conditions of the
query.

"Jean" wrote:

I have a data base in excel I want to mail merge envlopes in word 2000.I can
not seem to pick out a few people that I want to send to from db.I either
can do 1 or all.There must be a way.In word 2002 I can pick individual name
by putting a check in db.Am I doing some thing wrong or does word 2000 not do
this ? Thanks in advance for any help Jean