Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Truly lock down a text box position

PS - Meant to mention that the most likely means of getting close to what
you want is to insert the graphic in the Header/Footer layer of the doc. You
might also want to look into using ToolsProtect Document.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/15/06 8:01 PM, in article ,
"CyberTaz" wrote:

In a word, No. Any 'foreign' objects in Word are anchored to the text in
some way. Locking the anchor simply prevents dragging the *anchor*, not the
graphic it is anchoring. Have a good read he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/15/06 4:10 PM, in article ,
"mdavison" wrote:

Is it possible to TRULY lock down the position of a text box on a doucment?
I mean, above and beyone the Format Text Box Layout tab Advanced Lock
Anchor/ Absolute position options? I have the little padlock icon on the
text box in the original template said documents are based on, but users
are still able to "jiggle" or slightly move the position of the box and it
messes up the documents. I need to completely prevent this.

Any possibilities? We are Novell 6/ Win XP/Office 2003 SP1.

Thanks.