Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Start page numbering on fourth page as page 4

Probably the simplest method would be to use a conditional field in the
header and avoid the use of section breaks altogether (assuming this is the
only issue you wish to address with such breaks) e.g.

{IF {Page} 3 "Page {Page}"}

Each pair of field brackets are entered with CTRL+F9

Jeff wrote:
My God is this confusing! I created a new section at the end of p.
3, but that created a blank new p. 4 which I don't want.

This is going to be a Published on Demand brochure. The first three
pages (Cover/title page, inside cover page with copyright info, TOC)
do not need to be numbered. P. 4 is the first page that needs to be
numbered, and it must be numbered as p. 4 with the remaining pages
numbered accordingly. I cannot figure out how to do this, despite
over an hour watching tutorials and reading help files.

Thank you.