Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paul Ballou Paul Ballou is offline

Default What are

Select Add to Template to use the modified style in new documents based on
the same template.... Word adds the modified style to the template that is
attached to the active document.

When Automatic Update is selected Word will automatically redefine the style
you selected whenever you apply manual formatting to any paragraph with this
style.
--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Life would be easier if we could view the source code

"David J. Braden" wrote in message
In the Modify Style dialog box there are 2 checkboxes: "Add to Template"
and "Automatic Update". Could someone please tell me what the heck these
are meant to do? Also, this is my first Word ng post; I'd appreciate
someone letting me know if this query is even in the right spot.

Many thanks,
Dave Braden
--
Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.