Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ISay ISay is offline

Default Need Macro to remove empty paragraph marks.

I have tried the Macros that are supposed to remove empty paragraphs but they
don't work and I've used find/replace. The problem is that the document is
left with paragraph marks which Word 2003 does not see/recognize. I even
tried removing all paragraph marks and ended up with the following:

and white beans1. Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large heavy-¶
based pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots ¶
and garlic to the pan. Cook gently for 5 minutes ¶
until well softened. Halve the tomatoes and chop ¶
the tomato flesh into chunky pieces. Stir the ¶
tomatoes and bay leaves into the pan and crumble ¶
the dried chillies over.2. Stir in the beans and 100 ml water. Season with ¶

It seems the only way to remove them is manually, not an option.

I thought of creating a macro to go to the end of the line and backspace
over the mark and add a space if needed but I don't know how to loop a macro
to the end of the document.

I have searched for a "how to" for looping but they are all specific to the
problem under discussion and I don't know how to use the information for
using it as I would like to. Can you create a macro for me and explain
exactly how to use it? Also tell me how to create a loop within any macro so
I can use it however I need.

I was born a blond and have no idea of Visual Basic. I've tried editing
macros but only ended up corrupting them because I don't know how to do it.