Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SuzieDWong SuzieDWong is offline

Default Can't select picture in a word 2007 document

My picture in Word 2007 is behind the text and will not select even using the
tip. It may be in the header and acting as a watermark but whatever it will
not select. I tried sending text backward and that does not work. The
drawing toolbar is not active because it does not recognise the picture
exists. Help!

"Steve Franks" wrote:

Thanks, that makes life much easier.
--
Steve Franks

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

This can be difficult in Word 2003 and earlier, too. Try clicking the Select
Objects tool in the Home ribbon. This makes it easier to grab things like
pictures and other objects that have been placed into the drawing layer.

At the right end of the Home tab's ribbon, click Select - Select Objects.
This will give you a pointer that's a bit more sticky with respect to
floating objects.

You can right-click on Select Objects and add it to the Quick Access Toolbar
to make it a bit more accessible, as well.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Steve Franks" wrote in message
When I added a picture to a table cell the default setting for text wrap
was
'inline with text'. I changed this to behind text and now cannot select
the
picture to adjust its position.
I would like to right justify the picture, but this option is only active
after text-wrapping has been applied. The picture cannot usually then be
selected, unless it extends outside the cell. If it overlaps the right
edge
of the cell there is a pixel, or two, where the cursor turns into a four
way
arrow, blink and you'll miss it.
If the picture is completely contained in the cell the cursor steadfastly
remains an I bar no matter where I move it.
Is this a known bug in Word 2007?
--
Steve Franks