Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default adobe reader

If that particular file allows it (which depends on how the instruction file
was created), you can click the Tools menu in Adobe Reader, click Select &
Zoom, and click Select Tool. The mouse cursor should become an I-beam when
positioned over the text area, and you can drag it across & down to select
text and pictures. Press Ctrl+C to copy the selection, switch to a Word
document, and paste.

OCR probably won't be necessary, because the copied text should paste as
editable text. The formatting may be different, though.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Stewart wrote:
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.