HT

Charles,

Thank you..my attempt at macro-writing was horrible..I believe the Repeating
Data is the key that I need..will update the results.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
From the FAQ

19. How can I enter something once in a document and have it repeat
elsewhere?
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Items in formfields are automatically bookmarked with the name of the

field.
In my example, I assumed that the field name was ddList1.

Problems with inserted bookmarks instead of formfields include:

1) They are very fragile. It is difficult type in one without deleting the
bookmark.
2) After you update the bookmark contents, you have to update the REF

field.
This is taken care of in a protected form if you mark the source field to
"calculate on exit."
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"HT" wrote in message
Thanks Charles..what if I created a bookmark type of something (like my
jibberish)..typed it in one field and had that same field populate the
other
fields. I am trying to simplify the procedure should someone else need

pick up after it is completed..I'm afraid the macros may not carry over

every user.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Instead of a macro, you could have a number of IF fields set to test

the
results of your drop-down. The drop down must be set to calculate on
exit,
and you do have to exit.
{ IF ddList1 = "Sam" "555-1212" }{ IF ddList1 = "Bill" "555-2121" } and
so
forth. Each IF field tests the results of your drop down and upon the

proper
result displays what you want.

Maintenance on this could be a real nightmare. Hope it helps.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"HT" wrote in message
Microsoft Word 2003
WindowsXP

I am creating a form that has a drop-down menu. The drop-down menu

has
list of names. I want to be able to choose the drop-down menu name

and
have
the fields that ask for the phone number and work hours to
automatically
populate once you choose the person's name.

For instance: John Smith works 9:00-5:00 and his phone number is
(555)555-5555.

I want to be able to choose John Smith and have the phone number,

works
hours immediately input in the fields.

If I ever get this part done I want to be able to click on a button

and
have
all of the text copy to the clipboard and paste into the body of an
e-mail.

Thanks all!