Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elbert Elbert is offline

Default Equation line numbers

This post has helped me, too--thanks.
you will be unable to refer to the caption alone, as the entire paragraph (including the equation) will be considered part of the caption. I hope eventually Microsoft will fix this bug, which they have not done in the latest version of Word 2007. (I'd tell you exactly what version I have, but with the wonderful new user interface, I can't figure out how to look up what it is. Whatever became of help/about?)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But note that if you do this, you will be unable to refer to the caption
alone, as the entire paragraph (including the equation) will be considered
part of the caption. A workaround is to create a single-row, two-column
borderless table. Put the caption in the right cell (formatted just wide
enough to contain it) and the equation in the left, centered, with a left
indent to equal the width of the right cell. To facilitate entering
equations in this format, save a dummy equation-table as an AutoText entry.

"SVC" wrote in message
Use a Center Tab to center your equation, use a Right Tab to right align

your
number.

"Anna M." wrote:

I would like to have each equation centered on a line, but have the

equation
number right-flushed.

How do I do that?