Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherlock Sherlock is offline

Default Skip Numbering

Thank you, Cheryl. Yes, I've used that approach at times. I was just hoping
to find something that replicates the ability of Skip Numbering to retain the
numbered format on a free-standing paragraph with the ease of Skip Numbering.

Sadly, it looks like that functionality has been removed.

Thanks anyway.

"Cheryl Flanders" wrote:

An easy workaround to add a non-numbered paragraph between items would
be to press Shift+Enter before that paragraph. For example, Type #1
text and press Shift + Enter to type the next paragraph (twice if you
want to add a space between text and new paragraph). Press Enter
twice after your non-numbered paragraph and numbering will restart at
2.

Cheryl

On Jan 19, 8:04 am, Sherlock
wrote:
Thank you, Jetstream, but the unnumbered items do not retain the formatting
of the numbered items using this method.

If my numbered items are indented from the margin .25 inch with a hanging
indent of .5 inch for the text and trailing space of 4 pts, then the
unnumbered items in the middle of the list should be indented .5 inch with no
hanging indent and have trailing space of 4 pts.

This happened automatically with Skip Numbering, and it didn't matter if I
applied Skip Numbering before or after I formatted my paragraphs as a list.