Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John@irmc

Default How do I add a separate header file in Word 2003 Mail Merge?

I will be using the Mail Merge document repeatedly with different data files.
The data files (delimited text files, which I will rename, so it always has
the same name, and is in the same location) do NOT have a header row to use
as field codes to embed in the document. In the past I have used a separate
document with just the field names in it, for this purpose. But I cannot find
a way to do this now. The 'Wizard' does not give me this option, and I can't
find any other way to tell Word 2003 to do this. Please help.