Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default pleading format macro

LOL. Just try *requiring* an attorney to use it! LOL

Here's what to do:
Make a pleading template just the way you like it.
Make a macro to help with converting the mess you get from the
attorneys. Record things like this -- replace all italics with
highlight. Replace all bold with the STRONG style. Pray to go
there's no underlining.
Open the attorney's file, run the macro, and save.
Open a new doc based on your pleading template, insert the
macroed atty doc, and save.
Now create a second macro -- replace all highlighting with Italic
or Emphasis style.

I've fixed up hundreds of documents doing something similar. I
even collected all the documents into one big file, separated by
manual page breaks, ran the macros, got it into my template, saved it
as read only, then resaved each document.

There must be a macro way to do this in batches. Hmmmm.

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Sun, 14 May 2006 17:49:01 -0500,
"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I concur in Suzanne's judgment of the pleading wizard. It certainly is much
more work than creating a custom template for your jurisdiction(s) and using
that template. If your attorneys used such a template, they would be using
styles, even if they knew nothing about styles, because you would put them
in the template along with some macrobutton fields to prompt for places they
should start typing. See
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton,
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more