Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
creekmdm

Default Excel Records are selected but ALL blank records are merged

I am a novice, at best, with Mailmerge and Excel, and have run into a problem
that is driving me crazy. I am trying to create envelopes using data from an
Excel spreadsheet. I have 60 or so names and addresses in the spreadsheet,
but the spreadsheet itself still shows about 65,000 rows. In Mailmerge, when
I'm prompted to select recipients, I uncheck all (because all 65,000 some odd
entries are selected, regardless of whether or not there is any data in the
fields) and then select the 60 or so with data that I want to merge. When I
go merge, though, it merges all 65,000 rows from the Excel spreadsheet, so
I'm left with the 60 perfectly merged envelopes I want plus 64,940 blank
envelopes. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!