Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Emailing a Protected Form

The short answer is that Word is a terrible choice for this. Microsoft's own
solution is InfoPath; and there are any number of other apps out there (like
Acrobat) that can do emailable forms.

If you insist on doing it with Word, don't try to be clever with the
formatting. Forget your AutoShapes.

"BCBC" wrote in message
I created a form that has the following characteristics:

1. Multiple tables on one page.
2. AutoShapes in front of the tables (with no fill - to create borders
that
line up nicely).
3. Password protection.

Some of my users want to be able to send the document to people via email
(we use Outlook) by using the FileSend ToMail Recipient functionality
(they
do not want to send it as an attachment). When they do this, the page
looks
fine before they send it, but when it gets to the recipient the tables and
AutoShapes shift and the whole page is jumbled. Everything is also jumbled
when the sender looks at the message in her sent items. We have tried this
on
3 different computers and always get the same results.

Is there a setting in Word or Outlook that I can change to fix this?